The Shake Shack may be known for its burgers, but did you know they also have a menu for dogs?
They serve up a Pooch-ini, which is a cup of dog-friendly custard mixed with Shackburger biscuits and a swirl of peanut butter($3.75). A disclaimer says it does contain diary, sugar and nuts and is not intended for small dogs, but it’s a huge hit with our 50 pound mixed breed Zuzu. Shake Shack also will sell you a bag of the Shackburger biscuits a la carte, which are made by Bocce’s Bakery (5 for $7.50).
If you are looking for another way to celebrate your dog’s birthday, or keep them cool and happy in the heat, definitely opt for the Pooch-ini. Dogs love it! It makes for a special dog walk to their locations all over the city. Our dog Zuzu has had the Pooch-ini 3 times in her life and each time she can’t believe it is actually for her, and then she licks away until there is nothing left. Following proper canine etiquette, she eats the custard first, then finishes with the biscuit.
The dog menu is available at all of the New York City Shake Shack locations. If you do head to the original in Madison Square Park, you can make an afternoon of it with a stop by the Madison Square Park Dog Run as well.
Here are all of the NYC locations:
- Madison Square Park (23rd Street between 5th Avenue and Madison Avenue)
- Upper East Side (154 East 86th Street between Lexington and 3rd Avenue)
- Upper West Side (366 Columbus Avenue at 77th Street)
- Battery Park City (215 Murray Street between West St & North End Avenue)
- Theater District (691 8th Avenue near 44th St)
- Brooklyn (409 Fulton Street between Willoughby Street and Adams Street)